Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd will also retain and hold Data in a paper format, where such information has been provided and is necessary to hold that data in this format.
Definitions and Interpretation
|"Data"||Collectively, all information that you communicate to Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd in person, via our Website, via third party websites and portals which send us information about you, in person, via telephone, SMS and paper format. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|"We/Us"||Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd, 41 Plains Road, Mapperley, Nottingham, NG3 5JU. Tel: 0115 953 6644. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|"User/You"||Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;|
|"Website"||The website that you are currently using, www.marriotts.net and any sub-domains of this site, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
What type of data do we collect and process?
We may collect some or all of the following information:
- Identity and contact Data: Full name, date of birth, address, email address, marital status, employment status, contact telephone numbers, gender.
- Property Data: Type of property, number of rooms, locks, energy suppliers and usage, keys, insurance and mortgage documents.
- Technical Data: Could include Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform.
- Usage data: Includes information about how you use our website products and services.
- Marketing communications Data: Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
Our Use of Data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Marriotts is the “data controller”.
We will retain any Data you submit for a period of six months, unless you instruct otherwise, with the exception of that information, as detailed hereunder.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
All personal Data is stored security in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see the clause below (Security).
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Information will be retained on a mailing list, where we will match your requirements as detailed by you in relation to your requests and to personalise the properties and services we offer you, to receive information on those properties marketed by Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd, either ‘for sale’ or ‘to let’. We process your personal information in this way as it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in providing you better products and services;
- Processing your transaction – we will use relevant information to enable us to complete as transaction with you when using our services; this information may require to be passed onto third parties, including but not limited to solicitors, surveyors and financial advisors.;
- Preventing fraud – we will also use your personal information where appropriate to prevent a fraudulent transaction and may need to share your information with third parties such as solicitors where necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights;
- To provide customer service and support - contact may be made by telephone, via mobile, SMS and landline, with numbers provided by you, email or post, via either Royal Mail or similar;
- Information required to help us keep our staff safe when attending external appointments such as viewings and market appraisals.;
- Information required to comply with legislation such as The Money Laundering Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 2017);
- If any payments are made via this website or by telephone, you should be aware that Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd do not retain any details of your Bank Account, or debit card;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To use your information to send you relevant and proportionate marketing communications to you about our properties, services, and third party providers.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Links to Other Websites
Third Party Websites and Services
Where permission has been given, Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd will share any necessary Data with surveyors, contractors and third parties. Contractors and Surveyors will be given contact details for access purposes relating to a specific property, to arrange mutually convenient appointments.
We treat your information with care and confidentiality do not share it with third parties unless noted below;
Third party service providers - where we may share limited personal information you provide us when you register with us or enter into a transaction with us, as necessary, and only for the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf (Data Processors), such as:
There may be instances where other professional bodies require Data and these may include debt collection agencies, solicitors and conveyancers.
Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Software and system providers including but not limited to - The Property Software Group, BriefYourMarket, Sage.
Website Hosts and analytics platform providers including but not limited to – BriefYourMarket, Google Analytics.
We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information.
Controlling Use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes;
- Sharing Data with third parties.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd, know as a ‘Subject Access Request’.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
- You have the right to rectification and/or erasure of personal data in certain circumstances or restriction of processing.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal Data for marketing purposes, to alter your preferences for the type of contact you receive or to alter the method via which you receive marketing correspondence from us.
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us directly.
- You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you from receipt, please submit your request to us in writing using the contact details at the start of this policy.
Data security is of great importance to Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website, or paper files held by Marriotts Estate Agents Ltd.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a part in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
How long will we keep your personal information?
As a general rule we will hold your information where there is a legitimate interest in doing so for a period of up to 7 years:
- such as where a client or customer has registered with us, expressing an intertest in any of our services such as buying, selling, letting or renting a property through us.
- Where a transaction has been entered into and we have a requirement to maintain full and clear written records to comply with TPO codes of practice and the Money Laundering Regulations.
- If you have an account on our system which remains dormant for more than 5 years and have not responded to our emails sent to the registered address then we ay delete the account and all personal information held against it.
How to complain
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated using the contact details at the start of this Policy.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data, not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at http://ico.org.uk, or Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.